|Profile & Work|
|Hours Per Day||>8|
|COVID19 impact on Work Hours||/|
|Side Hustle||Property Owner|
|Technical Knowhow (1-10)||7|
HAS COVID-19 CHANGED THE WAY YOU PAY FOR THINGS?
- I’m a cash person, cash is king, so… I really love to touch the money, to feel the paper, the hard work. So, I didn’t really use mobile money as much, unless maybe someone who’s far away that I have to send the money to.
HOW DO YOU SEND/RECEIVE MONEY ABROAD?
- Mostly when it’s work-related, I’m gonna use our work Bank Account. So, that’s business but if it’s a personal thing I use that thing from Kenya… mPesa.
BED.MONEY NOTES This participant has confirmed something we found interesting in other user personas and that is that they have never experienced to send money to someone who is using a different provider, like Airtel or Tigo.
|Store||Personal Bank Account, MTN Mobile Money, Cash|
|Primary Store of Value||Personal Bank Account|
|Spending Wallet||MTN Mobile Money,Cash|
|High Value Transactions||Personal Bank Account|
|High Value||> 50.000|
|Digital Banking||USSD Mobile Banking|
|Preferred Payment Method||Cash|
|Fees||Not worried about fees|
|Money Management Strictness||8|
- With the application, they’re going to ask you a lot of things. You’re going to have to add in your bank account. They’re gonna ask you some other stuff. Mobile Money is already connected to my phone, I can use USSD codes, I just need to put the code and my password. My account can do anything, whatever I want.
- With the bank is much easier to track because they send you an SMS and an Email, you have the sender, the amount and the date everything is there.
- When you have cash on you, you can see your wallet is being drained. Oh, damn, I only have 500 or 1000 remaining.
|Previously Lost Phone||Yes|
|Cloud Provider||Google Drive|
|Cloud Storage Capacity (GB)||15|
|Storage Cost||Free Tier|
|Out of Space Warnings||Never Seen|
HAVE YOU EVER GIVEN YOUR PASSWORD TO SOMEONE ELSE?
- Only one person, one family member. There was a time they really needed money and I had to give them the account credentials.
HOW DO YOU FEEL WHEN AN APPLICATION, ASKS YOU FOR A PHONE NUMBER?
- Depends on the reputation. AudioMack is a big app all over the globe. You know, if it’s a new app or some app that nobody knows, I don’t really give them my number, because someone might be hacking my Mobile Money. However, if it’s really like an incredible app like AudioMack, or Instagram, then I’ll just give it. I won’t be hesitating.
LET’S SAY YOUR PHONE NEEDS REPAIRS, YOU GO TO A REPAIR SHOP AND THEY ASK YOU TO GIVE THEM YOUR PHONE’S PASSWORD; WHAT DO YOU DO?
- There’s this place called CarlCare which is really credible. It’s only place I’ve ever given it… It’s an international organization actually. That’s where I’ll only be comfortable to give out my password. Because they are professionals.
- There’s [a contract] where you sign and in case they misuse the password, you can sue them and take them to court.
If you have more specific questions that were not covered that could help in your product development we will conduct this research on your behalf. Payments are of-course in bitcoin and we will settle with the persona in their preferred local payout method.